- A healthier mouth;
- More pleasing appearance;
- An improved bite for chewing; and
- Teeth that are more likely to last a lifetime.
Good oral hygiene habits are especially important when you have braces or other orthodontic appliances.
It is strongly recommended to avoid certain foods that could interfere with braces or accidentally bend the wires, such as nuts, popcorn, hard sweets, ice and sticky foods.
To help keep the gums, teeth and orthodontic appliances healthy:
- Brush with fluoride toothpaste twice a day;
- Use an anti-bacterial mouthwash;
- Floss daily
- Eat a balanced diet with limited sugary snacks between meals; and
- Visit the dentist for regular 6 monthly examinations and cleans.