Plaque is a bacteria that lives in the mouth and sticks to the teeth. When this plaque is not removed through regular brushing and flossing, it calcifies to become calculus (tartar) that attaches to the teeth above and below the gum line.
Plaque may cause:
Good personal oral hygiene combined with regular 6 monthly dental health exam and clean appointments can eliminate these problems and maintain overall health.
At Sunrise Dental Care, a routine clean consists of the following:
- An Ultrasonic scale – to remove calcified plaque/calculus above and below the gum line;
- A detailed polish – for removal of plaque and staining; and
- Oral hygiene instructions and diet advice.
The procedure leaves the mouth feeling noticeably healthier and fresher.
Should more a specialised-approach be needed, at Sunrise Dental Care we also offer more complex and advanced periodontal treatments.
Prevention with good oral health habits is the most effective approach to dental care.
These good oral health habits include:
- Brushing with fluoride toothpaste twice a day;
- An antibacterial mouthwash;
- Flossing daily;
- A balanced diet with limited sugary snacks between meals; and
- Regular 6 monthly dental health examinations and cleans are essential.
Teeth cleaning is a preventative procedure that is critical for good oral and general health.
At Sunrise Dental Care, as part of our aim to deliver high quality and great value dental care, if you have private dental health insurance, We offer Gap-FREE policies (ie. no out of pocket expense) on professional cleans. Fund and policy rules, waiting periods apply.